Home & Hope
Palo Alto Buddhist Temple hosting - November 10th - 17th, 2019
Another hosting of Home & Hope is approaching. We will have our guests the week of November 10, 2019 (November 10-17). Let us come together again as we did so many times in the past and extend our compassion and help to human beings in need.
Home & Hope is a program that helps families with children to quickly transition from temporary homelessness. Palo Alto Buddhist Temple is one of the thirty-seven congregations that provide meals and overnight stay to Home & Hope guests.
The guests (as usual there will be 2-4 families expected) will be at the Temple from 6:00 PM and stay until 7:00 AM. They will eat dinner cooked by our volunteers, spend a couple of hours relaxing with their children, and retire to bed in the Dharma School classrooms.
You can participate in the following ways:
• Volunteer for a dinner + evening, or night shift (visit the link below to sign up).
- The Dinner shift is 4:00 PM to 7:30 PM In the evening, our volunteers are welcome to dine with the Home and Hope guests, help by playing with the children, doing crafts, or helping them with their homework, if needed. Feel free to bring your children along.
- The Night shift is 7:30 PM to 7:30 AM. Two Temple volunteers spend the night on-site, in case some assistance is needed. The night volunteers are NOT required to be up all night; they are woken up only if a need arises. Cots and bedding will be provided (feel free to bring your own). In the morning, our volunteers wake up our guests, set out breakfast items, and clean up after the guests leave at 7:00 AM
• Donate food, or money.
Sign up online here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b0d4eaea92fabf85-nov
You can sign up online, in person after Sunday service, or via email:
• Igor Makasyuk, email@example.com
• Chuck Dene, firstname.lastname@example.org
Group leaders will clarify your duties
SPREAD YOUR CONTINUED DANA BEYOND OUR BUDDHIST COMMUNITY. THANK YOU!
Palo Alto Buddhist Temple