Home & Hope
Palo Alto Buddhist Temple hosting December 2nd - 9th, 2018
Home & Hope is coming back to PABT the week of December 2-9, 2018
Home and Hope is a program that helps families with children to quickly transition from temporary homelessness. Palo Alto Buddhist Temple is one of the thirty-seven congregations that provide meals and overnight stay to Home and Hope guests.
Our guests (up to five families) will be at the Temple from 6 PM to 7 AM.
The guests will eat dinners cooked by our volunteers and retire to bed in the Dharma School classrooms.
You can participate by volunteering or donating:
• Volunteer for a dinner, evening, or night shift. The on-line sign-up link will be provided via e-mail and in a flyer once the SignUp Genius is on-line. You can sign up or ask questions via e-mail, or in person at the Temple Office:
• Igor Makasyuk, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Chuck Dene, email@example.com.
• Charlene Temple, firstname.lastname@example.org is the dinner lead.
- Evening shift, 7:00PM to 9:00PM is spending time with Home and Hope children and chatting with our guests. Feel free to bring your children along.
- Night shift is 8:30PM to 7:00AM. Overnight volunteers (two) do NOT need to be up all night; they are on site just in case some assistance is needed. Cots and bedding will be provided (feel free to bring your own).
• Donate food, or money.
SPREAD YOUR CONTINUED DANA BEYOND OUR BUDDHIST COMMUNITY. THANK YOU!